Volunteer sign up for the upcoming shelter season has begun. Click to complete the online form. Be sure to give us as much information as possible, so we are best able to meet your needs. Due to COVID-19, we do not have any on site volunteer opportunities at this time. Consider hosting an online fundraiser for much needed operating costs to enable the shelter to remain open 24 hours. Click here to Become a Fundraiser and click the green button.
Each year, over 200 volunteers assist us as we provide shelter to women experiencing homelessness in our community. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator with any questions. We look forward to having you join us in the shelter again in the future.
We will need your help in volunteering in these areas beginning November 1:
- Dinner Preparer
- Lunch Preparer
We also need volunteers to provide food. When you provide food, please deliver meals/casseroles in 9" x 13" disposable foil pans. Your food donation must be able to feed 18 women. Some food items we can use are listed below, but be creative and bring other nutritious meals and foods which you enjoy.
- Baked or Roasted Chicken
- Healthy casseroles and other healthy meals
- Vegetarian alternatives
- Keep in mind that not all of our guests eat pork
- Salads and fresh vegetables are appreciated with meals
- English Muffins
- Cereal (Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, Raisin Bran etc.)
- Cream Cheese Packets (Large Box)
- Sliced Whole Grain Sandwich Bread
- Fresh Fruit (Bananas, Apples, Pears, Oranges, and Grapes)
- Packaged Sliced Turkey, Ham, and Cheese
- Snacks for lunches
- Sandwiches for lunches