Click here to volunteer this season, and thank you so much for being a part of the Rainbow Team! Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we do not have any on site volunteer opportunities at this time. Consider hosting an online fundraiser for much needed operating costs. Become a Fundraiser by clicking the green button.
Each year, nearly 300 volunteers assist us as we seek to provide winter, emergency overnight shelter to women experiencing homelessness in our community. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator with any questions. We look forward to having you join us.
We will need your help in volunteering in these areas next season:
- Evening Meal Server Volunteer - PDF Document description
- Daytime Volunteer - PDF Document description
- EMERGENCY Evening Server Volunteer - PDF Document description
- Dinner Preparer - PDF Document description
- Lunch Preparer
- Holiday Volunteering
We also need volunteers to provide food. When you provide food please deliver meals/casseroles in two (2) 9" x 13" disposable foil pans. Your food donation must be able to feed 30 women. Some food items we can use are listed below, but be creative and bring other nutritious meals and foods which you enjoy.
- Baked or Roasted Chicken
- Healthy casseroles and other healthy meals
- Vegetarian alternatives
- Salads and fresh vegetables are appreciated with meals
- English Muffins
- Cereal (Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, Raisin Bran etc.)
- Cream Cheese Packets (Large Box)
- Sliced Whole Grain Sandwich Bread
- Fresh Fruit (Bananas, Apples, Pears, Oranges, and Grapes)
- Water Bottles (12 oz.)
- Packaged Sliced Turkey, Ham, and Cheese
- Plain Brown Lunch Bags
- Snacks for lunches
- Sandwiches for lunches